To celebrate the 125th anniversary of the Adult Bill of Suffrage, some of South Australia’s most prominent female artists will be creating pieces to celebrate live at this year’s Show.
Some of the most well-known South Australian figures will be featured, including Maggie Beer, who in 2019 is celebrating 40 years since the inception of the Farm Shop on their Barossa Valley property.
The public will have the opportunity to vote for their favourite piece, and in doing so, be in the running to win one night’s accommodation at one of five Art Series Hotels across Australia.
Post-Show, each piece will be sold, with proceeds to support the Show Society Foundation.
Competition Terms & Conditions
2019 Royal Adelaide Show Artist Demonstrations - People’s Choice Award
How to enter:
Vote for your favourite artist from the 2019 Royal Adelaide Show Artist Demonstrations by visiting the Royal Adelaide Show and voting online at theshow.com.au/artists
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This competition commences at 9:00am CST on Monday 19th August 2019 and closes at 9am CST on Monday 9th September 2019 (‘Promotional Period’). Taking part in this competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter of the competition is Royal Agricultural & Horticultural Society of SA, ABN 68 531 710 498, PO Box 108, Goodwood 5034 Phone 08 8210 5211
- To enter, persons must submit a completed entry form online via theshow.com.au/artists. This competition is only open to residents of Australia that paid to attend and enter the Royal Adelaide Show. Artists that have entered the competition and Employees of RA&HS are not eligible to enter the Royal Adelaide Show Artist Demonstrations - People’s Choice Award competition.
- There is a limit of 1 entry per person.
- The winning Voters of the competition will be drawn by random computerised selection at the RA&HS Secretary’s Office on Thursday 12th September 2019 at 3:00pm CST (‘Draw Date’).
- The winner will be notified via their email address as indicated on the entry form within two days of the Draw Date.
- There are two prizes awarded in this competition - Five randomly selected winners drawn from the entries in the People’s Choice Competition will be awarded a one night stay at one of 6 Art Series Hotels at random, valued at $200 each. A one night stay will also be provided by Art Series Hotels to the winning Artist with the most votes. If two or more works receive the same number of votes the Entertainment Manager will make the final selection. These prizes are for accommodation only and does not include flights, transfers or any additional expenses incurred.
- To claim the prize the winners must collect the prize from the Adelaide Showground before the 1st December 2019. If not redeemed by this date the prize will be forfeited.
- If any prize remains unclaimed after 3 months of the Draw Date, the Promoter will conduct an unclaimed prize draw in the same manner and place as per the original draw.
- RA&HS accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings.
- No correspondence will be entered into. The promoter’s decision is final.